Skip to main content

Focus



I have been feeling so reticent about talking about, or even honestly THINKING about this new season of weight loss. I have so many thoughts, and regardless of who reads this, I want to maintain the rawness, and the reality of what this journey is about. It isn't pretty, it most CERTAINLY isn't perfect, but it's mine, and a huge part of accepting this condition of obesity is acknowledging and owning that it isn't linear, it isn't a destination or certain number on the scale, but the journey to health and wellness that is completely multi-faceted.

So here it is, continuing on, through my shame of not being able to have gained 10lbs during pregnancy and be back to my prepregnancy weight a month after birth. You laugh, but I had this locked down. I knew what I was doing, and I just thought that would be the way it was. I was ridiculously deceived :)

Enough about what wasn't, here is me, embracing what is, and doing what I need to do to be where I want to go.

This past week was so huge for me. I can't say enough how HARD it has been for me to make good choices and maintain a constant meal plan when traveling. I just have not been able to do it the past 9 months, it's been completely overwhelming-traveling with kids, a new baby, and then focusing on ME. I lost MY FOCUS ON ME, and that is what I needed, and what I've found. So 5 days in Florida, and I did not go off plan. Missing a flight, having our flight rescheduled, and then delayed-and I still stayed on plan. I ate at the airport (Burger King, of all disgusting places) but I did it in such a way that I stayed 100% on plan, even if the quality of the food wasn't my ideal. I used to, the past few months, say screw it all and make excuses and honestly feel helpless-I knew how to manage my lifestyle at HOME, when I was a SAHM and I didn't travel around the world and work and have jobs and all that. And now I am learning, and I did so well that I lost 2.2lbs even with all that went on :)

So now I am down a total of a little over 11lbs in 2 weeks, and I am thrilled with that. I have been 100% on plan for 2 weeks, and feeling great, and successful and in control. I am learning how to make good choices on the go, to bring my vitamix and hot plate and food is just fuel-even if I REALLY want so badly to eat things when I travel that I've never had, it's not worth it, Not right not. When I am done with weight loss, I will have a few more wiggle calories to indulge carefully in treats when traveling, but not in weight loss, I have to remain really strict for my sanity esp in the beginning of resuming my weight loss habits. I have maintenance down, I have been maintaining wonderfully the past few months, so I'm not worried about that phase, it's this stupid weight loss phase.

But at any rate, that is my success for this week! Wed is weigh in day, and I hope this week is as good to me as the past, I aim for 1% weight loss, so not a number per se as much as a percent. I have been enjoying getting creative with my limited calorie amount again, to make things as tasty as possible and as volumized. And I still have Starbucks every day, because that's my treat that makes me be able to stay on plan all day long :)

Here is to another week, again. Because managing this condition is something that I have to continually learn and process in all seasons of my life. And I think I finally am managing it successfully in this crazy phase of life. That feels better than any number on the scale!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jen's Before and Current

About halfway thru R1 (Phase 1) with my Restoration Wellness plan. Down 17lbs, which is crazy. I don't think I've ever lost more than 10lbs a month before, even when I was over 300lbs and ultimately lost 150lbs. It required a lot of thinking, planning, measuring, weighing, thinking about food all the time and being at the gym EVERY day. This is so much easier. I do want to get back in the gym, but on my time for my own wellness, not as simply a weight loss tool. But because I enjoy moving my body and being active. Completely different mindsets. My pics yet aren't as dramatic as Keith's, even though I've lost a few pounds more than him. But that's ok, enjoying the journey and progress not perfen and all that :) Starting Weight 262.4 Current Weight 245.4 (3 weeks progress)

Weight Loss Challenge: Going Out To Eat

One thing that can be really challenging when you are in weight loss mode is going out to eat. When Keith and I lost almost 300lbs combined about 13 years ago, one thing that we were soooo strict about was eating out, and it really made so much of a difference. We did have a few places that were ok for an emergency, but overall we did not go out to eat for almost a year. The hard things about going out to eat in weight loss mode are this: When one eats out, you want to get the MOST value for your dollar. In weight loss mode, you want LESS portion (or more veggies to volumize) and quality food costs $$. I can make better things to stay on plan at home, so eating out doesn't have a lot of allure bc of that. Also usually when you are doing a weight loss plan, you are investing in it in SOME way. Whether that's a program for support, or certain/specific foods to stay on plan, etc. So if you don't go out to eat, you are saving money and able to put it towards things that help

Chicken Wing Dip

Seems like there's many varieties and ways to make this-this is what I do, and Keith loves it-I think it's pretty good too, but I can only eat so much of it, it's kinda greasy and I don't know...good but I like it in a buffet eating it with a LOT of other stuff, not as a main course or anything. Keith disagrees :) Thanks to BETH for introducing us to this magical dip LOL Chicken Wing Dip 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened 3/4 cup wing sauce of your choice (we use Frank's) 1 cup bleu cheese 2 cups diced cooked chicken 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese preheat the oven to 350 In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese and sauce until well blended. Mix in the bleu cheese, chicken and Cheddar cheese. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. If oil collects on the top, dab it off using a paper towel. Serve with tortilla chips.