Skip to main content

Chicken Chili With Black Beans

My recipe blog has been woefully neglected since I started back @ JC. I'm not cooking much of anything besides veggies for myself, and I hadn't tried anything new in a while for K and M.

However now K is on his own weight loss journey/healthy lifestyle plan, and it's REALLY awesome. I'm his personal chef of course :) and I'm going to be sharing recipes I make for him. Most are really basic, and easy, but they are really healthy and good, so I figured I'll share them anyway!

Chicken Chili With Black Beans


This recipe is for 5 servings, I cut it in half for 2.5 servings, just enough for Keith to have dinner and leftovers for lunch.


*5 servings*

Directions

1.
Coat a pot with nonstick spray and warm it over medium-high heat for 1 minute.Add chicken and garlic,and saute until chicken is lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
2.
Add tomatoes, beans, onions, celery, sweet and jalapeno peppers, chili powder, and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Add squash. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
Click here to find out more!

Nutritional Facts per serving

CALORIES213.2 CAL

FAT1.7 G

SATURATED FAT0.4 G

CHOLESTEROL39.5 MG

SODIUM286.8 MG

CARBOHYDRATES28.1 G

TOTAL SUGARS8.7 G

DIETARY FIBER9.7 G

PROTEIN23.2



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jen's Before and Current

About halfway thru R1 (Phase 1) with my Restoration Wellness plan. Down 17lbs, which is crazy. I don't think I've ever lost more than 10lbs a month before, even when I was over 300lbs and ultimately lost 150lbs. It required a lot of thinking, planning, measuring, weighing, thinking about food all the time and being at the gym EVERY day. This is so much easier. I do want to get back in the gym, but on my time for my own wellness, not as simply a weight loss tool. But because I enjoy moving my body and being active. Completely different mindsets. My pics yet aren't as dramatic as Keith's, even though I've lost a few pounds more than him. But that's ok, enjoying the journey and progress not perfen and all that :) Starting Weight 262.4 Current Weight 245.4 (3 weeks progress)

Chicken Wing Dip

Seems like there's many varieties and ways to make this-this is what I do, and Keith loves it-I think it's pretty good too, but I can only eat so much of it, it's kinda greasy and I don't know...good but I like it in a buffet eating it with a LOT of other stuff, not as a main course or anything. Keith disagrees :) Thanks to BETH for introducing us to this magical dip LOL Chicken Wing Dip 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened 3/4 cup wing sauce of your choice (we use Frank's) 1 cup bleu cheese 2 cups diced cooked chicken 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese preheat the oven to 350 In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese and sauce until well blended. Mix in the bleu cheese, chicken and Cheddar cheese. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. If oil collects on the top, dab it off using a paper towel. Serve with tortilla chips.

Weight Loss Challenge: Going Out To Eat

One thing that can be really challenging when you are in weight loss mode is going out to eat. When Keith and I lost almost 300lbs combined about 13 years ago, one thing that we were soooo strict about was eating out, and it really made so much of a difference. We did have a few places that were ok for an emergency, but overall we did not go out to eat for almost a year. The hard things about going out to eat in weight loss mode are this: When one eats out, you want to get the MOST value for your dollar. In weight loss mode, you want LESS portion (or more veggies to volumize) and quality food costs $$. I can make better things to stay on plan at home, so eating out doesn't have a lot of allure bc of that. Also usually when you are doing a weight loss plan, you are investing in it in SOME way. Whether that's a program for support, or certain/specific foods to stay on plan, etc. So if you don't go out to eat, you are saving money and able to put it towards things that help