Sunday, November 22, 2009

Chicken Chili With Black Beans

My recipe blog has been woefully neglected since I started back @ JC. I'm not cooking much of anything besides veggies for myself, and I hadn't tried anything new in a while for K and M.

However now K is on his own weight loss journey/healthy lifestyle plan, and it's REALLY awesome. I'm his personal chef of course :) and I'm going to be sharing recipes I make for him. Most are really basic, and easy, but they are really healthy and good, so I figured I'll share them anyway!

Chicken Chili With Black Beans


This recipe is for 5 servings, I cut it in half for 2.5 servings, just enough for Keith to have dinner and leftovers for lunch.


*5 servings*

Directions

1.
Coat a pot with nonstick spray and warm it over medium-high heat for 1 minute.Add chicken and garlic,and saute until chicken is lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
2.
Add tomatoes, beans, onions, celery, sweet and jalapeno peppers, chili powder, and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Add squash. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
Click here to find out more!

Nutritional Facts per serving

CALORIES213.2 CAL

FAT1.7 G

SATURATED FAT0.4 G

CHOLESTEROL39.5 MG

SODIUM286.8 MG

CARBOHYDRATES28.1 G

TOTAL SUGARS8.7 G

DIETARY FIBER9.7 G

PROTEIN23.2



No comments:

Post a Comment