So last night we got a ton of free organic veggies off of Craigslist, what an awesome blessing!! There was a big old zucchini in there, and since no one in my family really likes to eat it straight up, into a baked good it went.
I actually made zucchini muffins, b/c well, I'm a muffin kinda girl :)
I halved the recipe, since I had a smaller zucchini and 24 servings is a LOT anyway, esp for muffins ;) It ended up making 16 muffins in my wilton silicone muffin cups filled 3/4 of the way, so there's that for whatever it's worth.
This was a great recipe, sooo moist and yummy that I really can't believe there is yucky zucchini in it, LMAO. It's more that I think zucchini is bland, and has a weird texture (i feel that way about all squash in general :D) than it tasting bad.
And I used almonds, b/c I had no walnuts, which actually tasted great!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
(12 servings, or 18 muffins)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 eggs (this is weird, LOL, i just used 2 eggs)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 2/3 cup and 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.
For muffins, I cooked them 18 minutes!