Skip to main content

Slacking a bit on my updates, but we have been traveling so much it's just been unreal. I feel so blessed that this is our life, we love it and are so fortunate...and yet it's absolutely a NIGHTMARE and so freaking hard for me to eat on plan when traveling.

Luckily my new meal plan makes it soooo much more manageable, and enjoyable really-not a lot of thought involved-but it's still such a temptation. I am a foodie. I love food. I love to try new foods and regional places. This is in no way conducive to losing weight for me, LOL. So I abstain from the food, and I'm a little sad, but I know it's for the greater good. When I am at my goal weight, and have more calories and a bit more leniency with my plan (this does NOT mean I eat whatever I want and go back to old habits-it just means I'll get around 500 more calories a day to indulge in for special occasions), then I will enjoy traveling even more.

So we've been on the road for a week now-first Philly, then we flew to Florida, spent most of the week in Orlando, and then came to Fort Lauderdale today for the weekend, then we fly back to Philly. *whew*

Overall I have stayed nearly 100% on my meal plan. And it's not about perfection, it's about progress, but it's been so incredibly progressive to me to be able to travel and not just be adrift. I love my vitamix, and I totally bring it everywhere we go.

I have had a couple off plan moments-but controlled-the entire fam got sick the other day, no idea if it was food poisoning or if we got a virus, but it knocked us all down for the count. nasty. so i didn't really eat anything, except saltines and some frozen yogurt. I wasn't really happy that I had to go off plan, but the thought of eating anything but those two things made me even sicker, so I listened to my body and ate what I felt it needed.

I like the little picture that I put above, because it's true. I am not on some diet, just for the short term, and my eating reflects this. Right now I am in the weight loss phase of things, and that means I need to eat according to those goals. I feel often unsupported by anyone other than Keith, in the sense of the whole "oh, one time won't matter". I feel that generally, people don't really understand or validate food addictions, because no one in the world would tell a recovering drug or alcohol addict "oh just one drink or hit won't  hurt!". Obviously addictions are a slippery slope, and mine must be managed with a firm, controlled hand, I do not currently in this phase of my recovery, if you will, have the ability to regulate the "just one" mentality. It's all or nothing, go big or go home, etc et al. So until I can continue to change my mental approach to food, my physical approach and the actual act of eating has to reflect my goals, and my firm management of my obesity condition. As annoying as it is :/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Wing Dip

Seems like there's many varieties and ways to make this-this is what I do, and Keith loves it-I think it's pretty good too, but I can only eat so much of it, it's kinda greasy and I don't know...good but I like it in a buffet eating it with a LOT of other stuff, not as a main course or anything. Keith disagrees :) Thanks to BETH for introducing us to this magical dip LOL Chicken Wing Dip 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened 3/4 cup wing sauce of your choice (we use Frank's) 1 cup bleu cheese 2 cups diced cooked chicken 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese preheat the oven to 350 In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese and sauce until well blended. Mix in the bleu cheese, chicken and Cheddar cheese. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. If oil collects on the top, dab it off using a paper towel. Serve with tortilla chips.

Buffalo Chicken Chili Mac

This was a staple when pregnant with Eli. It's a Rachel Ray recipe that Krysten intro'd me too, THANK YOU. So, so much. Buffalo Chicken Chili Mac 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO) 2 pounds (about 4 to 6, depending on size) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small bits *note, I use precooked Wegman's frozen grilled chicken breasts, so that cuts down on work LOL* 1 large onion, chopped (I use like 4 onions b/c we love them so very, very much) 5 large cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated 1 tablespoon smoked paprika(i used regular if I don't have smoked, I also sometimes use 1T all seasons salt, that's my FAVE way!) 1 bay leaf Salt and freshly ground black pepper 2 cups chicken stock 1/4 to 1/2 cup hot sauce/buffalo wing sauce, depending on how hot you like it 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes 1 pound whole wheat elbow macaroni(i use any fusilli) 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese 1/2 cup blue cheese Preheat broiler and place a large pot of salted water ov...

BBQ Sauce (R1 Approved)

I've actually been making my own bbq sauce for years. The OG recipe can be found here on this blog even ;) all the way from 2010, ha. But I tweaked it to make it R1 Compliant for my Restoration Wellness plan. This actually makes a LOT so I usually half it (Half of this recipe fills almost 2 Primal Kitchen Ketchup bottles, for reference lol) JEN'S BBQ Sauce (R1 Version) 2C Primal Kitchen ketchup 2C Great Value Organic tomato sauce (or use whatever, just needs to be on plan, no sugar etc) 1 1/4C brown sugar truvia or stevia (I do NOT use this much, start with less esp with stevia bc certain ones have more of an aftertaste. I did about 3/4C of it, 1/4C stevia and 1/2C truvia brown sugar) 1 1/4C apple cider vinegar 2T ON PLAN OIL (I Used Plant based ghee which is avocado/coconut blend) 1/2t garlic powder 1/4t chili powder 1t paprika 1/4t ground cinnamon 1/2t cayenne pepper 1t salt 1t fresh ground black pepper ***you could add some liquid smoke ~1T if you like a smo...